Direct Selling Tip: “The pleasure of the buying experience is as important as the price of the product.”
1. Create an experience for your home party attendees and prospects. You know what they say, if you have a good experience you will tell at least 3 people. However when a bad experience is had, you will tell at least 10 people! The Traveling Saleswoman details a wonderful lesson on the power of a positive vs. negative experience.
2. Plan: Plan the whole presentation, plan your invites, plan your arrangement, plan the role that you want your hostess to take, plan the drinks, the eats and the games…remember we are looking to create an experience, at the risk of beating a dead horse, When You fail to plan, you are planning to fail!
3. Demonstrate Don’t Lecture: Be Interactive, Ask Questions. If you have not read the article on Deadly Direct Sales & Home Party Business Mistake #14 : Verbal Diarrhea please do so. I know a lot of folks love to hear the sound of their own voices. However when the crowds eyes are glazed over, practically willing you to put a lid on it, I am here to tell you that YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK, GOOD-BYE! Nothing kills a sale than verbal diarrhea.
4. You know what they say, “If Mohamed cannot come to the mountain, the mountain will come to Mohammed!” Take the home party presentation the homes of people. Don’t expect people to go out of their way to accommodate you.
5. Be customer centric : Follow Up and Follow through. What good is it to do a great home party demo and then not deliver products that have been ordered? Nancy Sutherland, has a great post on how to keep your customers satisfied! Remember a happy customer is one who will continue buy from you and boost your home party sales!